I love her! She lights up my life and astounds me with her knowledge of herself. Ever since she was an infant she has known that no one can force her to fit their paradigm. She is who she is and will be so forever.
She taught me early to trust her to know her own body and rate of development. She taught me to relax and enjoy being a mama. She taught me to trust my instincts and raise her my way, ignoring well meaning advice from family and friends.
I have raised her our way. I guess you could call me an AP (attachment parenting) parent - I wear my babies, co sleep and practice extended breastfeeding. But I think I just do what is best for my babies.
Lizzie still sleeps in our bed.
She weaned at 2 years old.
She didn't eat any solids until she was a year old.
I potty trained her when she was ready.
We don't have super strict bedtime times (we have a routine, but are flexible about the time)
I was told to wean her at 15 months, put her in her own crib, follow strict schedules and let her cry it out so she can self-soothe. All of those bits of advice would supposedly lead to a happy, independent girl.
I ignored that advice and she is extremely happy, giving, creative, independent and loving.
I am going to start posting small stories of Lizzie's life. Funny ones and touching ones. For now I wanted to revel in the joy that is being her mother.


















3 comments:
Good for you! Everyone must do what they feel is best for themselves and their little ones.
If you find what works for you and your family keep on keepin on. Ignore those pesky voices, well meaning though they may be. Trust me, I do, lol. BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog. = )
Your style sounds a lot like mine :) Keep following your instincts!
Post a Comment