Sunday, July 12, 2009

. . . . . . . . . . . . Pee Pee goes in the Potty

I am saying this phrase over and over. I am constantly asking her if she has to go pee pee. And when she does, we really get excited! We dance, high five and say "yay potty!"

Lizzie is 25 months old and I know she is ready to learn, it is just early enough to be difficult. But she is fighting diapers. Tonight before bed I tried to put her diaper on and she said "no no diaper." So I asked her that if she peed in the potty I'd let her sleep naked. She did it! So I am letting her sleep naked, then diapering her in her sleep. I don't want to wake up to a wet bed :)

I am tired of finding accidents. I get grossed out seeing pee on the floor, the couch, the bed, her clothes. I just wish she'd learn in 1 day, but it will take more perseverance than that. This is a work in progress and I'll be blogging much more about it later!

1 comment:

Kait said...

We gave up on our two year old for a couple months. Well, we kind of gave up. We kept her in diapers because she kept having accidents but every time we changed her we asked her if she wanted to go in the potty or wear panties. Sometimes she did, sometimes she didn't. When she was about two and a half, she finally wanted to be in panties full time and hasn't had an accident or an issue since.

Obviously I don't know if your daughter has indicated that she wants to potty train but I just wanted to suggest that you let this be led by her. There's no point in letting it become a power struggle or overly complicated. It's not like she's going to stay in diapers forever.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP