Thursday, December 3, 2009

Store brand baby formula just as good as name brand

This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of PBM Products. All opinions are 100% mine.


Wow, I am so thankful that breastfeeding was successful for me. I haven't paid attention to the ads or marketing made by Enfamil Lipil since I don't buy formula. Never have, never will. And as a thrifty shopper I know that store brand items are almost always the exact same thing but cheaper. Take cheese, for example. Kraft vs. Kroger - I am going with Kroger unless I have huge amounts of double coupons! Same thing.

So, Enfamil or Target brand formula? It is the same thing. If you must use formula, my heart goes out to you. It isn't cheap! And then I found out that Enfamil just lost a $13.5 million lawsuit against PBM Products!

Apparently they were being sued by the makers of store brand formulas - PBM Products -
for falsely claiming that their formula contained ingredients for better brain and
eye development than store brands. They warned parents not to go with cheaper products
cause it might be cutting out on valuable nutrition.

The courts ruled that store brands and Enfamil have the exact same of everything,
so parents were not in fact getting more DHA or ARA - what Enfamil called "Lipil" - when they paid more.

Again, I am just so thankful that I never had to spend the hundreds of dollars on formula. If there are
families that really were misled by this my heart breaks for them. I would feel very robbed.

SocialSpark Disclosure Badge

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's Heather D----
i'm glad breastfeeding worked for me too! I did have to buy formula a few times though and i did feel compelled to buy the Enfamil instead of store brand because i felt that if I had to give him formula then I should give him the best(bad daycare advice and pressure...don't use that daycare anymore). Also the Enfimil was packaged in individual servings so i felt like i wasn't wasting a whole can of formula for a couple bottles. formula can be 2000-5000 a year so if you use formula, save a buck when you can.

Anonymous said...

Love breastfeeding! Unfortunately for both my boys, it only works for a bit - then they cannot get enough to keep growing! Boo! Anyway - I've had to supplement with both my kiddos! With J - I sat in the store and read all the nutritional info and thus did not get suckered into buying the Enfamil. Love the Target brand! Miss being in the States for this reason! At the Commissary/PX - all they carry is Enfamil...thus...I am forced to pay ludicrous amounts of $ for formula now. Thankful to have something though! Miss you, Annie!

--J

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP