Friday, September 11, 2009

Aloha Friday

AlohaFriday1.jpg


I love Aloha Fridays! The responses I get really make me laugh, or feel better about myself (depending on the question of course!)

I am so glad Kailani @ An Island Life started this Meme. Truly is a lot of fun!
As she puts it: In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.

Question: How would you describe the town/city/area you live in?

I live in a mostly quiet, kinda rural area. It has a touch of redneck, hick and small town about it. It is far away from the rest of the world - you can be totally oblivious to the nation's woes and be sucked into the local worries at the same time. There are blue skies, green grass, blacktops and congested traffic during school season! On the way to the grocery store you pass large military family SUVs, college students in shiny cars, young hick boys in their tricked out trucks, retirees in their Buicks or even a tractor or two!

15 comments:

Debra said...

Small suburb town outside major city in TX! But, we get to see lots of cows at the same time......beautiful TX! Our little one loves it.

sheila said...

Small(ish) city outside cleveland, ohio.
Quiet, almost like a barney fife type town. Not much happening...but we just got a Panera...so that's cool! lol

Auntie E said...

It's a historical town.

Anonymous said...

I live on an island filled with palm trees and beautiful mountains!

Colette S said...

Just a mile from the heart of the city. a bit quiet at times, but I can still see the vehicles on the highways and I'm cushioned by a nice patch of canefield which I hope will stay there for quite a long time.

Neighbors are quiet and keep to themselves. It would be nice to get to know them better.

Anonymous said...

I live on the outskirts of a college town. The area we live in has a suburban feel but with a lot of restaurants, shops, things to do in VERY close distance. But drive ten minutes west and hit you farm country!

Nina said...

Pretty much a rural area for us. We live on the edge of town so we have a huge yard, a really big field behind us and then a busy road in front of our house. School traffic I am afraid. A lot of what you described is the same here.

MadeInCanarias said...

I live in a tourist city. A lot of hotels and apartments for tourists.

KimberlyKaye said...

I live in a small suburb just outside of Charlotte. It is a nice mix. Small town atmosphere with city convenience.

Anonymous said...

I live in a very rural area outside of a town that only has about 500 people. Our property is connected to a state forest, there is a river not even a half mile away and lots of biking trails.

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I live in the suburbs outside of LA. It is not a small city, but I love it because there is always so much to do around here.

Brandi said...

Do you live in my town???? Well, we don't have military here, but the rest was just up my alley! LOL

I live where there is a lot of open spaces (not at my house, but around my town!) and a lot of mountains. I live in a smallish town too...in Wyoming.

Becca said...

I live in Santa Barbara. It is a very beautiful town and I think it is great for tourists. It is pretty boring to live in tho!

Jean Stockdale said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. I live outside Memphis Tn. in a rural area. Memphis is on the bluff of the Mississippi River. It is relatively flat, offers lots of good resturants, shopping (if that is your guilty pleasure), known as the home of Elvis (if that is your guilty pleasure), home of the Peabody ducks (if that is your guilty pleasure), and lots of great folks.

Heather said...

Hey Annie! I'm glad you liked my review! I agree, Max Lucado is awesome! (My four yr. old & I also watch his Hermie videos on Netflix!) I also noticed his dd wrote a book. Too cool. Anyway, u should review books for Thomas Nelson! If u like stuff like Max L., you'd like it. I signed up, hoping to get stuff for my dd, but I've had fun getting stuff for me...once in a while they have kid book to review & I grab them!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP