
Aloha Friday! Time to take it easy as we look forward to the weekend, so it is an easy blog with an easy question. Thanks to an Island's Life for starting this blog meme!
Here I am, snuggled in my warm bed underneath my handmade quilt (I love my MIL!!) cuddling with my 2 very warm children, while my face feels the cold morning air that enters through the open windows. Why would I want to get out of bed? So I stay as long as possible. Usually my 2 year old wakes up before the baby. She will kiss me good morning and roll around in bed talking to me until she realizes she has to "pee pee!" Off she runs to the bathroom and then runs to the kitchen bare naked saying "reeces pieces! reeses pieces. Mama! reeses pieces peez?" Yes, reeses pieces are her reward for peeing the potty and make a great morning snack before breakfast. (isn't peanut butter a great source of protein? then I am doing a great job)
That is how I get up in the morning. I wait as long as possible.
Maybe I should close the windows.
Aloha Friday question:
What is your morning like - do you rise before everyone else and get the house in order or do you start with everyone like me?

21 comments:
I really prefer to get up before everyone else but lately, I've been getting up after them. :(
My husband leaving for work at 7am wakes me up. and then I get to see the sunrise. Then my children wake me again at 9 and up are are with the bustle and children's noise that makes the days :)
I love the cooler air. The leaves, but gosh I have to rake and sweep. I don't mind much. It's good exercise. I'll love saving $$ on the a/c.
I'm up a few hours before everyone else. I check mail, eat breakfast and just enjoy the quiet.
I wish I were the kind of person to get up before anyone else, but I'm not. If I'm lucky I have enough time to take a shower before the girls wake up.
I love to be the first one up. I like to just have a few minutes of quiet to myself and sit and drink my coffee.
I'm first awakened by my husband kissing me and telling me he can't wait to come home. (He leaves for work by 6:30am). I then fall back to sleep until Truett wakes up around 8:30 or 9:00 (just in time for Sesame Street). Some day I hope to get up with Tyler and stay up. But, while I'm pregnant that won't happen.
I start with everyone and then spend the morning running around like a nut trying to get everything accomplished so we can get out the door. Mornings are crazy around here.
I try to wake up after everyone leaves so I can have some peace and quiet :)
I wake up and get the kids up pretty much right away. Then it's off to school and peace and quiet for me.
Up before everyone. coffee and computer time.
Hubs is up first, and off to work. Shortly thereafter I get up and get the oldest out of bed and ready for school. My four year old and my one year old wake up when they wake up, which can vary. Everyday is different around here!
i am not a morning person. big D is up around 4 to do his thing. the dogs stick their wet noses in my armpit around 6. lil' D comes running in and jumps on me around 6:30. i ignore everyone until 7. Aloha and take care.
-Kiki
Depends. Sometimes my hubby gets up with our daughter, and I get to sleep in a little bit, others I get up with her and he gets woken up by both of us LOL.I am not very good at letting him sleep in. But I like having him get up with her, since a lot of times we are getting ready for bed when he gets home so he only gets to see her for a few min. before I put her down for the night.
I'm jealous that fall has already arrived for you! I've probably still got a month to go! I'm like you...I rise at the same time as everyone else, and stay in bed snuggling my little guy as long as possible! The other kids usually all wake up and come pile into my bed to love on their baby brother as well...then we finally all get going.
I totally get up when my little one gets up. I keep thinking I'll be so productive if I get up early....but I've always loved my sleep.
I'm lucky, she totally sleeps in. Bless that child! :-)
My husband typically wakes up first. He likes the morning to himself to work out / check his email, etc. Which sounds nice in theory to me but rarely happens. He gets up around 5am on the weekdays! Yuck. I typically get up between 6:30 and 7 so I have time to get dressed and eat breakfast with him before he leaves for work. Usually he'll even hold the baby for me while I eat. :)
I usually get up with my husband for a few minutes of quiet time to drink coffee and read the paper. Then it's an hour or so of craziness while I get the 3 boys up and ready for school.
My hubby is usually up first. He gets the teenagers going. I dress the kindergartner and do her hair. The I get dressed. Once downstairs, hubby makes lunch while I get breakfast. He leaves for work and I take all three kids to school.
I usually wake up like you; with my 3 year old climbing on me, kissing me, and saying, "Mama! Mama! Can you wake up now? Mama let's get Buggie! You can do it Mama! You can do it! Come on, lets get Buggie!" Buggie is her 13 month old brother btw.
Well, my little one wakes up at 7, so I get up with him...
I never thought I would be up so early, especially after working the bar scene for so many years!
Post a Comment