Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What got me started on Cloth Diapering?


I am joining Happily Domestic and talking about my fluffy experiences! :)

My mother cloth diapered my younger siblings for the year or two that my grandmother paid for the diaper service. I remember learning how to pin the diapers on and pull the plastic pants on the babies at 6 years old. Then, it was sposies from then on out.

The diapers looked something like this:


Fast forward to 2006. Lizzie is 9 months old and my close friend tells me she is cloth diapering her son. She too was using the prefolds with pins and it brought back so many memories. I was like "that is so not for me!"

Then, later my other friend introduced me to DiaperSwappers- an online message board/community for moms to talk about and buy/sell/trade cloth diapers and other parenting things.
My friend Jessica showed me her cloth diapers and I was amazed! They were so much more adorable and easier to use than prefolds. I went online and was instantly hooked.

And this is my stash today!





Actually, this is the pre-baby stash. Now I have a lot more prefolds, Bum Genius pockets and some one size fitteds.

I heart fluff!

5 comments:

B.A. Hunter said...

Annie- Thanks for joining in on my very first Fluff Talk Thursday! I think the old school cloth diapering gives the cloth diapering of today a bad name. It's a completely different world now!

I am signed up for diaper swappers too, but always forget to go on there. :-(

By the way- the show your stash is next weeks assignment, but that is okay. It was fun to see your stash. :-)

MaryAnne said...

I love modern cloth diapering, pocket diapers are so easy to use!

Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

TeachinAuntie said...

Yay! What's your DS name? I'm teachinauntie!

Jackie said...

Haha - I could not imagine using pins! I do use prefolds a lot b/c I find them so easy (fit both kids that are 16 months apart) and wear so well after SOOO many washes! But - I must say my favorites are pocket dipes. I love diaper swappers as well - I'm Jackie808 over there :)

Annie said...

Happily - this pic of my stash is kinda older, I am definitely doing an updated (and better looking!) one next week!

My DS name is Angel95annie over there. I post most on the babywearing board and DiaperChatter Q&A :)

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP